How Involved Is She Going To Be In The Process?
Your selection was amazing. We really liked all the equipment - at other jewellers we were only able to look through a loupe. But seeing the cut and how closely our diamond matched the ideal was great. The diamond we chose has so much more sparkle than any other we looked at. Thank you!
Margo & Brad
It was really informative. It definitely helped us to make better decisions about our purchase.
Amber & Raymond
Thank you very much for showing us the details of diamond cutting and grading, and for taking the time with us. The service was amazing! Often in other jewellery stores we felt intimidated and slightly rushed. We really enjoyed trying on the rings in the open showcases. Thanks again!
Jeff & Jill
Spence has been an amazing store to deal with. When shopping for the initial engagement ring, we were put at ease with a no-pressure, take-your-time attitude. Our other visits have been great as well. We were thrilled with all of our service, as it was so quick and we were treated so well. Thanks Spence!
Bev & Bryan
We loved the no-pressure sales. We walked in and were introduced to the open showcases, and were then left alone to browse through the store. It was great!
Kristi & Rob
Bring her to a Spence Diamonds near you. We’ll make it a great experience for you both.
As you can see, there is no code of engagement ring shopping etiquette you must follow and it doesn’t make it any less romantic if she is involved. In fact, there is no better way to ensure you find the ring she really wants than having her input throughout the process. Remember, you’re the one who decides when, where and how you are going to propose. And speaking of proposals, would you like to read how other guys in your situation did it?
Hints on Choosing the Right Ring
Using the hints she makes available to you is a perfectly acceptable (and probably advisable) way to make your engagement ring selection. There are numerous ways for you to hone in on her wishes while preserving the element of surprise.
- Have her browse our online engagement ring selection and place the ones she likes in her own personal Spence Diamonds Wish List. We’ll send you that list so you can use it as a guide to what she might like.
- Take advantage of everyday opportunities to draw her attention to rings and styles you think might appeal to her.
- Look at the jewellry she is currently wearing to get a better idea of her sense of taste and personal preferences.
- Enlist the help of one of her friends as a go-between.
- Ask for some basic parameters to help you make a confident decision. Things like diamond shape, type of metal, setting style, etc.
- Bring her to a Spence near you to conduct a scouting mission. She can try on as many of our 3,000 ring prototypes as she wants to. Plus, it will give you the opportunity to sit down with a trusted advisor and learn about diamonds together.
A Jewellery Store You’ll Both Enjoy
The in-store experience at Spence Diamonds is unique. It’s nothing like the intimidating and pretentious environment you’re used to at other jewellery stores. You’re in charge from the moment you walk in. Our 3,000 ring prototypes are displayed in open showcases, allowing her to reach in and try on as many as she likes without the help of a salesperson. All the ring styles are tagged with an “average price” so you can stay within your budget. And our diamond education includes the use of binocular microscopes, GIA Facetware Cut Estimate software and other specialty tools to give you a true and thorough examination of what you’re buying. There’s no pressure. No judgement. Just regular people who specialize in helping you find a ring she will love at a price you can afford.
Oh, and you’re both going to love The Spence Guarantee.